Thursday, August 13, 2009

Third Copy - The Grasshopper and the Owl



As you probably noticed by now that I did my master copy in a 5.5" x 8.5" sketch book. It is a Strathmore's heavy weight, watercolor sketch book. All paintings here are done in watercolor acrylic.

I came back to Charles Santore's painting for my third master copy. I was fascinated by the red in the painting. I almost never did a painting in red color scheme and the only one that I did wasn't quite successful. This painting looks so simple with its layout and I only realized how complicated it is when I started my copy. It took me about 3 days to finish this painting in my small sketch book. I readjusted the original layout so that it fit into the sketch book. The painting was done on 6.23.09.

No comments:

Post a Comment